Friday, January 22, 2010

Better Late Than Never...

I know Chad wrote in the last post that we would do our best to update the blog and that we might be doing this during late night feedings....well it isn't that we haven't had any of these...I am just too tired to type during those times! :) It has taken me longer to get this updated than what I had planned. Oh well...here it is...

Things are going well! We are adjusting to having a little one around the house and it seems like each day gets easier! There are a few times when things have been a little rough. I had the 24 hour flu one day and felt terrible. Poor Chad was in charge because I was good for nothing. Thank goodness he is comfortable taking care of Clare. He also did a great job taking care of me! We are definitely thankful to have family close when we need an extra set of hands. Chad's mom has saved us a few times that is for sure. Thanks Marty!

Clare is growing like crazy! She is changing so quickly. One of the first things people notice is that she is starting to get some little chubby cheeks. They are pretty cute! She smiles all the time and makes lots of noises. Clare sure is an active little one...she is close to rolling over! When she wakes up, I never find her in the same position in the crib that I left her. We love just laying with her in the mornings and listening to her make her noises and smile. She gets so excited! So much fun! (It isn't quite as cute when she decides her morning play time should be at 3:45!...oh well, we still lay around and laugh at her!)

We feel very blessed to have such a healthy little girl! She has been a pretty easy going baby and hasn't been too terrible to us at night. :) By no means is she sleeping through the night, but she does sleep in decent stretches so we are able to catch some sleep. Even though I have been home from work, Chad has been an amazing help at night. I would be a Zombie without him! It is amazing what is on tv at all hours of the night. We find ourselves usually watching "Teen Mom"...ha! I used to require quite a bit of sleep but I have amazed myself at how little I can get by on now. I haven't even been drinking caffeine. :) This will probably all change when I go back to work in a week. I think I am in for a major adjustment!

Maternity leave has been wonderful! If you would have asked me the first couple of weeks, there were some days that I would have paid to go back to work! ha! As time has gone on I have adjusted and think this stay at home stuff could be a good job for me. :) I never run out of things to do. Chad has enjoyed having us here with him during the day but I know he will be a little relieved when I go back to work. ha! He claims he will miss us ,but I think he will enjoy the peace and quiet and having the office to himself! My 8 weeks has flown by....I return to work on February 1st.

Hope all is well with each of you! We will try to update this in a few weeks! Maybe that post will include some of our funny first time parent stories! :)



I'm putting some pictures below of our little muffin! You will see how she is really changing!




















Clare and her great grandma, Clarine, at Christmas!





This is one of her morning smiles! What a beautiful thing to wake up to!

Look at these cute pink boots! A little big yet... but we had to try them on! I think she was tired of pictures during this shot and wondering if I was ever going to quit!

No comments:

Post a Comment